INTERNAL HYGIENE PROTOCOL IN THE CONTEXT OF THE SANITARY CRISIS CAUSED BY COVID-19
Latest update: 20/2/2022
The Government, after listening to the experts and analyzing the data on the evolution of the pandemic in Portugal, decided to proceed with the lifting of some measures that still existed:
• End the confinement of risky contacts;
• End telework recommendation;
• Put an end to the limits of capacity in establishments, equipment and other places open to the public;
• No longer requiring digital certificates, except for border controls;
• No longer requiring a negative test for access to major events, sports venues, bars and nightclubs.
• Even so, the Alert Situation remains in force throughout the continental national territory;
However, the following measures will remain in force:
• Negative test requirement, except for holders of a recovery certificate or full vaccination certificate with a booster dose, for visits to nursing homes or visits to inpatients in health establishments.
• Use of the mask in interior spaces where it is currently required.
Despite this relief, the Government will continue to permanently monitor the epidemiological situation in Portugal.
(MORE INFO ABOUT THESE MEASURES)
Most of the measures described below were already effective before the present crisis.
In addition, we have successfully finished the training in the “Clean & Safe” Certification of Tourism of Portugal.
We also would like you to know that Quinta do Pé Descalço counts with large outdoors areas for our guests, and have only 6 rooms with a capacity of maximum 14 people to keep the safety and privacy for our those who choose us for their stay in Sintra.
DURING THE CRISIS:
- The use of a mask is mandatory inside the main house.
- The use of a mask and gloves is mandatory during the cleaning of the house.
- During any interaction with clients within the property, including check-in and check-out, the use of a mask by both parties will be mandatory.
- No partner will be accepted in the Quinta if any symptom of illness is shown.
Cleaning and hygiene of interior spaces
- Rooms and bathrooms will be cleaned with detergents, with bleach base, and disinfected with solutions with alcohol content of at least 70%. Special attention will be paid to frequent contact elements such as switches, door knobs, etc.
- Bed and bath linen will be removed with special care, so as not to raise particles, and disinfected afterwards. Likewise, all clothes will be systematically disinfected and washed at a high temperature by a professional laundry service.
- Disinfection of hands upon arrival in the dining room is mandatory, as well as the use of a mask until being sat at the table.
- There will be no breakfast buffet, but each guest will be offered a dish prepared previously by the service staff in the kitchen, taking all the necessary safety and hygiene measures, such as the use of a mask or hand disinfection.
- Time in the dining room should be reduced to the maximum and limited to the time needed for breakfast, for a more efficient rotation and thus to minimize contact between guests.
- Dishes will be machine washed at high temperature.
Outdoor common spaces
- Outdoor common spaces can be used without the use of a mask. A minimum safety distance of 2m must be respected among guests who do not belong to the same group.
- The chlorine level in the pool is standard. Weekly a quality control of the water is carried out.
- Inside the pool, a minimum safety distance of 2m must be respected between guests who do not belong to the same group.
- Likewise, between hammocks, a minimum safety distance of 2m must be respected between guests who do not belong to the same group.
In case of symptoms
- In the event of symptoms, the guest must notify immediately the owners of the Quinta immediately and do quarantine in the room together with his/her companion, if any. The situation will be reported to the DGS (National Health Centre), which will take the necessary measures.
- The guest will have the necessary support from the Quinta until the time of departure.
- In case the client contracts the disease within 2 weeks after the end of his stay at the Quinta, he must inform it immediately, and vice versa.