TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Check-in and check-out:
Check-in is from 3pm to 7pm.
Check-out is until 11 am.
Early or late check-in and check-out are subject to availability and may incur an additional charge. Ask us by calling +351 964 168 658 or sending an email to email@example.com. Such requests must be confirmed by us in order to be applicable.
Please let us know your arrival time, in advance.
We serve our fresh homemade breakfast daily from 8am to 10 am.
We are proud to have a calm and peaceful place, so please respect the rest of the other guests during quiet hours between 10pm to 9am.
2. FORMS OF PAYMENT AND CANCELLATION POLICY
Reservations may be cancelled/changed up to 30 days before the date of arrival. Prepayment will be refund with the exception of the cancellation fees (2% of the payment made). There is also an additional charge of 2% for international cards (outside SEPA), B2B virtual cards and for AMEX. The total amount of the reservation will be charged for any cancellation or change after this period. In case of no-show or early departure, the reservation will be charged in its entirety.
30% of the total amount of the reservation will be charged at the time of confirmation. The remaining amount will be charged during the 30 days prior to the date of arrival. Bookings made less than 30 days prior to date of arrival will be charged in their entirety, at the time of confirmation. If payment is not carried out according to the accepted booking conditions, the booking may be cancelled without reimbursement of the amount already paid.
We reserve the right to cancel unilaterally the reservation and evict from the room anyone who appears to be under the effects of alcohol or illegal drugs or practicing potentially illegal activities, as well as violent or disrespectful behaviour, physical or verbal, of any kind. We also reserve the right to refuse access to the Quinta do Pé Descalço to whoever acts improperly or contrary to the terms and conditions set forth herein.
3. GUEST IDENTIFICATION
A valid photo ID is required at the time of check-in, in compliance with national law. The credit card used to pay for the booking must also be presented. In the event of failure to present the requested documents, we reserve the right to refuse access to the accommodation.
4. MUNICIPAL TOURIST TAX
Since February 2019, Sintra applies a municipal tourist tax for overnight accommodation, which is collected by tourism firms and local accommodation establishments.
Revenue from this tax benefits projects, studies, equipment or infrastructure that promote sustainable tourism growth, environmental quality of the region and maintenance of the municipal cultural heritage.
The tax must be paid at check-in or check-out, if not already paid at the time of reservation.
Fee: 2€ per overnight stay per guest (over 13 years old), up to a maximum of 3 consecutive overnight stays. Click here for more info.
5. BED LINEN AND BATH TOWELS
We provide our guests with high quality, 100% cotton, bed linen and bath towels. In keeping with our ecological policies, we ask guests to think about reusing their towels. To replace a towel, please place it on the floor in the bathroom.
Bed linen can be replaced from the third day of your stay, upon request.
6. CLEANING SERVICE
The daily cleaning service is from 10am to 1pm, when guests are not in the room in order to avoid disturbing them. If you decide to stay in your room during these hours, we will consider that you do not need the cleaning service that day.
7. GENERAL RULES
- Pets are not allowed.
- The kitchen is for the exclusive use of the staff, except for events with prior arrangement.
- The barbecue is for guests’ use. Please inform us in advance when you want to enjoy it. Most importantly, please leave it as clean as you found it.
- Sound equipment is restricted to guest rooms. They should never be used in communal areas. The volume of any sound equipment must not disturb the other guests. For the same reason, please mind the volume of your phone and other devices in common areas.
- Towels, sheets, blankets, duvets and pillows are for personal use, within your room. It is forbidden to take them out of the room for other uses. Only the blue swimming pool towels should be removed from the room.
- The rooms, common areas and facilities of the Quinta do Pé Descalço are for the exclusive use of our guests. Entry of visitors not staying in the Guesthouse is not allowed.
- Smoking is strictly forbidden inside the rooms and indoor common areas. You can ask us for an ashtray to smoke outside. Never throw the cigarette butts on the ground.
- Any damage caused by guests to objects, furniture or property belonging to the Quinta, is the sole responsibility of the guest. The repair of the goods must be paid in cash at the time and at the current market price.
- Parties/events are not allowed without our authorisation.
- Beverages: We have put together a price list of wines and beers available from our cellar. Beers and some of the wines are self-service from the dining-room fridge. Be sure to note these down in our consumption notebook. Do not hesitate to ask us about any of the other items on the list. All drinks can be paid for at check-out (cash only please).
- Dinner: If you want to try one of our own specialities please ask us in advance so we can prepare a nice dinner for you (additional fee applies).
- Possession or use of any kind of illegal substance is strictly prohibited, as is possession or use of weapons, or the use of violence, physical or verbal. Discrimination of gender, race, colour or social situation will not be condoned.
8. INFORMATION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The guest is solely responsible for the care and safekeeping of personal objects or documents such as passports, credit cards, jewellery, electronics, handbags or wallets. Make sure that doors are closed when leaving your room and the building. The management declines all responsibility for loss of money, documents or other valuables.
Local Accommodation Registration Number: 67486/AL
Complaints book: https://www.livroreclamacoes.pt/inicio